Sunday, May 4, 2008

Dari Blog Jotting Life

I really wanted to catch Isa Kamari sitting in the booth. I love his writings. Last year, I bought Memeluk Gerhana. It was a very good book. This year I bought Atas Nama Cinta also by Isa Kamari. Am reading it now. There was a free CD for the book. Three puisi songs by Sirrfillsirr. It was refreshing to listen to the songs. I love Atas Nama Cinta the best. The book is about Nadra/Maria Hertogh, the Dutch girl adopted by Muslim Malay woman, Aminah. They have made headlines in 1950 when the biological parents of Nadra claimed her from Aminah. Insya-Allah, when I have finished the book, I'll write a review. You can view the book (and other Isa Kamari's books as well) at Isa Kamari's websiteI am also hoping the author of 101 Malaysian Anecdotes, Salmiah Alias will write a new book next year. I enjoyed reading her Anecdotes book! You can read the review of this book HERE. I saw her at Al-Ameen's booth on Saturday selling the books and watching her, I think she had sold plenty books that day. Hmmm, she must be good at this! This reminds me of our first encounter last year at the same event. If you read my review on her book, you will know that she has mistaken me for a teacher. It was a little irony then but how apt it seems now (continue reading).Other than Anugerah Bulan Buat Bonda (ABBB) by Muhammad Salihin Sulaiman and Atas Nama Cinta by Isa Kamari, I also bought Ayat-ayat Cinta by Habiburrahman El Shirazy (orang lain dah berapa kali khatam, I baru nak baca. I heard from the ABB's author, Ayat-ayat Cinta has been sold and re-printed for 400,000 copies! Wow!!!! I heard the film has been released in Indonesia. Other than these, I also bought a graphic novel, Kasih dan Awang by Nur Azmi, several Jawi books and one Islamic comic book for my children.

No comments: